Friday, May 29, 2009

His birthday was supposed to be yesterday

My youngest son, Jayden had his third birthday this week, the 27th. I couldn't help remembering, that it should have been on the 26th. Why do you ask? Let me share....

Jayden wasn't in any big hurry to get started on life, in fact he was a very late little baby. He was also a very big little baby.... Both of these factors made the last few weeks in May of 2006 pretty miserable for me!

At last, heard the word every pregnant woman longs for when she's weeks late.... Induction! YES thank GOD!!! So, Chad was with me at the doctor's office getting it scheduled. They were going to do it on Friday the 26th! Awesome. Then that man pipes up, yep Chad, 'What about Saturday' he asks.... Could we do it then instead? The doctor being very kind and accommodating says yes - it will take some juggling but yes that will work.

Now, I didn't say anything - I mean there must be something very important going on on Friday that I forgot about.... I forgot a lot of things when I was pregnant, like stopping for red lights or where I parked my car... details, you know...

So on our way home I ask him, why dear did you want the induction on Saturday? Not Friday? What is so important, unmissable that would merit my enduring another day. What was it? He didn't want to take the day of work.

Yep you hear me right WORK. Didn't want to take the day off some boss man coming into the store something. Boss man.... My back went out on that blessed friday. I got the epidural to ease the back pain rather than the labor pain.... sigh... My back is still touchy - oh boss man, whoever you are, I hope you were worth it :)

Having children brings so many gifts - many I could have guessed at - but, things like this... Embarrassing, stories of my husband's massive insensitivity, that I can share and leverage for the REST of HIS LIFE.... Now that's pricesless.

Happy Birthday sweet little Jayden - Happy Birthday, no matter what day it turned out to be!

No comments: