Saturday, May 23, 2009

Volunteering at the Mazeppa Middle School

They had a hobby exploratorium (I think that's what's it's called) yesterday. I got to volunteer in the afternoon, showing the kids my art work.

I was awesome! So much fun!

The group I was with was centered around dogs so I did a little portrait of my georgie....

I took some pictures as I was creating my portrait.... I used those pictures to create a slide show...

I couldn't figure out how to get the slide show

So here's blogging slide show simulation......

I started with a blank sheet of paper


Then I drew an outline of George...
Then I started with shadows - big blocks first.
Then smaller blocks....
The just keep adding detail...


Before you know it you've got some eyes....


Add some white highlights and......


Your done! Well, maybe, if you can stop screwing with it.... If you can just put the pencil down.... step away slowing, before you mess it up now..... step away from the drawing... step away.....

Am I done with this one? No, probably not.. I think there's to much contrast on his hind legs, gotta smooth that over without losing to much definition.....

I'll pick away at it this weekend and post when it's done :)

No comments: