Sunday, March 15, 2009

uf dah - it's been a tough couple weeks.... The pressure I've put on myself over the poet artist collaboration has done a number on me. I think it started when I picked up my poem, Lisa a Crossings mentioned to me that they usually have good luck selling the paints from Poet/Artist... In my mind I was thinking - 'WHAT? Sell it? uh so someone would like pay money for my painting, man it better be good then'.

Well that set the course, anytime my painting got a little challenging... The pressure of SELLING it kicked in.... The idea that my goof up might scar someone's living room was just too much!

Then, thankfully, I went to Denise Bunkart's pastel class. She talked a lot about pressure, and thinking you need to create a masterpiece... It made me realize that I just need to focus on creating and not on the results...

Well, I know I need to do that but, I'm still self critical, more than I should be... But, a least I was able to put brush to canvas and created something - that if I squint and look at sideways, I think is well, okay... :)

No comments: